Thursday, March 5, 2009

Invariable Frustration:

Life is a highway and I want to ride it all night long....BULL.

Life is a roller coaster where I am screaming my head off in total fear and laughing in total hysteria.

As I go up the roller coaster in pure joy and excitement...probably questioning the person who dragged me on it why it was a good idea...I have no clue what the fall before me is going to look like. I am excited, I am shaking, I am suppressing the inner panic attack that wants to take over my body...

The coaster plunges down...and I am screaming my head off as if I am running away from a monster in the darkness. Wishing I was not such a Pansie trying to keep my eyes open...even if it is just through little slivers. Finally, the roller coaster must go up, and I have a brief moment of relief, but that is only until the coaster

LOOPS TO LOOPS

I am upside down, hair dangling, toes curled. Head jostled left. Head hit right.

It's jarring at this point the exhilaration is gone, and pain has taken over. Then one last up, and finally an easy down.

I hop off the ride. Heart is pounding, and my smile is huge (as long as I am not feeling queezie) Thinking I can do it again.

Frustration in verse:

The fighter enters the arena
Crowds roaring, lights flashing.
Head focused, in the game ready to win.

Fighter shakes opponents hands
Looks him right in the eye
Head focused, in the game ready to win.

Bell Sounds
Gloves up, punch taken
Head focused, in the game ready to win.

Bloody face - hands hard - breathing shallow
Not letting down
Head focused, in the game ready to win.

Bloody face - hands hard - breathing shallow
Not letting down
Head focused, in the game ready to win.

Bloody face - hands hard - breathing shallow
Not letting down
Head focused, in the game ready to win.

Bloody face - hands hard - breathing shallow
Not letting down
Head focused, in the game ready to win.

A song already written:

The Boxer, Simon and Garfunkel

1 comment:

  1. You going through a spell of the crazies? Give your cousin a call. Love you.

    ReplyDelete