Thursday, February 5, 2009

This is my 25 things. I want to know yours!!!

This was done on Facebook, and realizing that I have TOTALLY neglected my blog (this is why I don't have kids, a pet, or a boyfriend yet) I needed to tend to it. But this is some fun things to think about. My goal is maybe to go more in depth on 10 of them!

Thanks for hanging in there bloggers I hope you didn't forget me!

1. I am totally obsessed with using exclamation marks. This tends to make my emails look unprofessional, but I just get so excited. I truly think it is important to use a variety of punctuation so that the message is not lost. Right? Right! TOTALLY!!!!!

2. Moving to California was the craziest thing Ive done, yet. (there are some other things like jumping off roofs, but that's a story for another time.) I miss my family dearly. The closest close relative to me now is 1800 miles away. Apparently, there are some distant cousins in the area... but Cali is HUGE.

3. My brother is for sure my number one person in the world....I even made him my beneficiary if I die...knock on wood nothing happens, but I want my good hard earned money to go to him! (Till I am married then J-Bone and I will have to talk.

4. Speaking of J-Bone I have been blessed with over TEN nicknames in my life. To my family I am boo, Katie Boo, Booskers...and any rendition of those words combined. In elementary school my dear friends called me Gummy because of my large smile (which I do all the time) But, when I was younger my teeth were tiny and my gums were HUGE...thus the name gummy...at least it wasn't turd Ashley! Finally, in ninth grade the downpour of names began. First there was steemer as in the Carpet cleaner. That went to steamy, to steam roller, to roller, to rolly polly, and finally to rolly. That's right in high school I had six nicknames alone. I also answer to Stanley and K-Stan...and Stanz....who would've thought one girl so many names??!

5. I am totally doing this at work while I have my lunch

6. If I were to have a sister she would be Sarah Walters...it's insane. There is truly no explanation of how and why we stayed so close over the years because time, distance, and the outside world did many things trying to tear us apart, yet I can still say the day that I get married, sick, have a baby, save the world she will be there.

7. I want to have a marriage like my mom and dad. They are getting close to FORTY years together. (even though they almost divorced a year into) They still love each other, and I pray for that kind of love in my life. Way to go Mom and Dad!

8. I practice my Oscar winning speech in the mirror at least once a week. This will probably never happen, but I can sure think it will....I am dreamer...right Krone?! I also think that my 5'2" self could be a Victoria's secret model and marry kenny chesney. (This dreaming thing runs in the family whoever is practical gets really tired of my families big ideas most of which never happen)

9. In 2005 I started having really bad anxiety attacks...i still get them, but with the support of my family and friends I am much better, and am not afraid to go over bridges anymore. (Yeah, I was)

10. Because of an awesome organization Ive met the French Ambassador (who Sarah totally has a chance with :) the first lady, and have traveled the country with my best friends for multiple summers. Kevin you're doing an awesome job I pinkey promise.

11. There's this crazy girl named Krone who is my soul mate...again no explanation just is.

12. My best friends in elementary school are still my best friends! (we grew up in the neighborhood together, and we still see each other when we can...but they are all doing awesome things, and we are all separated from Miami to Cali to Texas to K.C. These people are amazing and I love them dearly)

13. My favorite holiday is XMAS if you are scrooge I will do anything to unscrooge you. My Dad's side of the family gets together, and we celebrate all day long. My cousin and aunt are amazing cooks, and I am truly stuffed by the end of the night.)

14. Baking is a favorite past time of mine, but I don't enjoy eating what I've baked...it's awful. After much analyzing of why this is I think it's because I snack on all the parts as I go so by the time I'm done I'm sick of the ingredients.

15. Starbucks in Colorado is one of my favorite places to go with one of my other dearest friends... I'm pretty sure we would've never survived our time together without the fresh scent of coffee.

16. Due to circumstances that I no longer can control I don't think I will be able to be president of the united states, but I still would love to be a speech writer.

17. I have a million and one boy/man crushes. From younger guys to silver foxes, and any flavor in between. It's fun, but finding that one true love is a little more difficult with this kind of mentality.

18. Patience is not a virtue I was given. I am very spontaneous, and I make decisions too quickly. Sometimes to my favor and sometimes to my extreme detriment.

19. I know there are a million and one spelling mistakes in this, but I am on my lunch break and am typing quickly.

20. Tiffany Blue/Green is my new favorite color, but I will always have a passion for pink!

21. I am terrified of my mortality. Except for the notion that I do believe there is a higher power, and I believe heaven is where my family and friends are all joining together and watchin over all of us.

22. My Grandmother Pee-pie.. (elizabeth) is channeling me. She was a sparkle obsessed classy lady who I wish I had longer with.

23. If my grandpa were alive he would think I've turned into a spoiled brat, but I think he would still love me. (I head the perfect head...and I'm pretty sure I was the favorite grand kid) He and I would feed the fish in his catfish pond, and he, my mom, and I would stroll through the tomato garden and then would talk. He had large pile of rocks to do some landscaping, but because I loved playing in them so much he didn't get rid of them.

24. I remember the tiniest things about people, and will tell them. That's when it gets awkward, and they ask how did you know that? (as if I am a stalker!)

25. It took me 20 years to truly love myself. I went through some really rough periods making not so great decisions, but if you ask me today who is awesome I will totally tell you I AM!!!

4 comments:

  1. Great list!!! I have a ton of nicknames too. Three from my blog alone!! I had some severe panic attacks in 2006-2007. I hated to travel... and it was 50% of my job. Glad you worked through them. Thanks for posting again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think women fall in love with themselves until they've put some solid years in. I'm pretty sure I'm still working on it.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was quite a list. Myself, I have issues with... using too many... periods... like this. I'm sure it drives people crazy but... it's better than constantly typing [pause] right? [pause] It is [pause] right??

    Now tell me... Who's awesome?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello - I did this on facebook, too :) Ms. Pride sent me - congrats on your blog - it is great so far!

    ReplyDelete